Saturday, May 23, 2009

Quotes from Great Leaders.....

1. "Well done is better than well said."
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

2. "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to put its' pants on."
Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

3. "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."
Mother Teresa (1910-1997)

4. "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth."
George Washington (1732-1799)

5. "The time is always right to do what is right."
Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)

6. "All the adversity I've had in my life, has strengthened me. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
Walt Disney (1901-1966)

7. "Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today."
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

8. "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

9. "It is better to light the candle than to curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962)

10. "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
Dwight Eisenhower (1890-1969)

11. "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Nelson Mandela (1918 - )

12. "We must become the change we wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

13. "The best and most beautiful things in life cannot be seen, not touched, but are felt in the heart."
Helen Keller (1880-1968)

14. "Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."
Henry Ford (1863-1947)

15. "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music."
Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Note from Lucy: I take my hat off to all the service men and women who have put their lives on the line for me, my family and our country. We honor you, once again, this Memorial Day. Please remember these hero's as we celebrate this Memorial Day Weekend.

13 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Oh great One said...

Love the quotes! I see so many I'd want to copy down and post on the fridge. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Great quotes from some great people of the past. We don't seem to be hearing too many great and memorable quotes from our present leaders, do we?

Yes, this Memorial Day, we honor all our service men and women. Those who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom, and those who are still serving today. May our Lord keep them safe from harm.

Renie

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Some wonderful quotes and I am so with you on Honoring ALL those Men & Women who fight and have fought for us and our country....And especially those that died and who were wounded....!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Big Dave T said...

Happy Memorial Day to you and your's Lucy. I think we're going to check out the town's Memorial Day parade tomorrow.

It seems like every great man is memorialized by one of his inspirational quotes. Hea, you'll have to check out my newest blog. You're often asking about my father and my brother, the enforcer. I put up a video clip of those two and myself playing in our family polka band for my son's wedding.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Master Doh-San said...

"A good plan now is better than a perfect plan later." -- Gen. Patton

By the bye, Memorial Day is for honoring all the war dead, not just the military. There are many civilians who gave their lives in military conflicts. They deserve to be remembered as well.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Oh Great One - I liked them too, that is why I posted them...

Renie - No we don't get many "good" quotes these days... Have a nice weekend.

Naomi - I have something that TF found that I want to post later...Yes, let's honor all of our countrymen and women who have fought.

Big Dave - I hope you enjoy the parade. I went over and checked out the "Monster" polka band....

Master Doh-San - Ahhhhh...Good words from General Patton... How many people work so hard on the "perfect" plan that they don't get anything done? Thanks for adding you thoughts on Memorial day. Anyone involved in those "conflicts" should be remembered... Thanks, Jahn

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

These are great quotes especially the one by Helen Keller.
Like you, I take my hat off to all of our troops.
God Bless them.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger T. F. Stern said...

Our present crop of leaders have left us wondering with great lines.

One which should cause us great concern, ""My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it."
- Barack Obama

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Putz said...

i couldn't find my grandparents grAve this weekend....i thought they were always buried by my parents but i guess not...will you be bureid by your parents?????

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Fred said...

When you look at today's leaders, would any of them stack up to the ones you listed?

It's a rhetorical question, but I have a hard time looking around the planet and finding many truly inspirational leaders right now.

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Jahn said...

"Government isn't the solution; government is the problem."
-- Ronald Reagan.

Yeah, let's not forget the civilians. I've known a lot of civilians during my career who have made a lot of sacrifices to "keep the home fires burning".

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Putz said...

give me the message in twenty five words or less....i can't get to the message on face book...is it on waterboarding or republicans or cheny. or torture...i am curious

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

These quotes are wonderful. Such wise words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home