Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Assortment of reads......

Fabulous Freebies 2008 - This is an awesome website with lots of free things for you… Check it out.


Oil prices rise as Hurricane Gustav nears Gulf - Just when prices were starting to go down a little. Read this.


One thousand dogs saved from West Virginia puppy mill - This one made me cry. a href="">How can anyone be so mean.

Razor Care

Do not leave your razor in the shower. After each use, dry your razor (whether disposable or regular) with a towel. You can use a hair dryer if necessary. Store it where it will stay dry until the next time you need to use it. The razor blade will stay sharp much longer. Rose (Dollar Stretcher) Note from Lucy: Guess I better move my razor…

Borrow for School? - Not something I would do, but here are suggestions from several readers on the pros and cons.

Going Green? - This is a wonderful website if you are trying to be “green” or at least trying to do something green.

Sellers Drastically Slashing Car Costs – Economic woes are forcing dramatic discounts in car costs. If you are in the market for a new car, this is for you.http://www.stretcher.com/brm/08/08aug15b.htm

Tough Housing Market Complicates Divorce - In an ironic twist, couples who are splitting up are fighting over who gets burdened with the house. This is interesting. Story Here http://www.stretcher.com/brm/08/08aug14a.htm

Note from Lucy: I'm keeping an eye open for Hurricane Gustav, which is heading for the Gulf of Mexico. My fingers are crossed that it won't head in our direction. JJ and Bonnie are "back to school". JJ is very happy with his new school and his nice teacher. Bonnie is busy with her Physics, Differiental Equations and a fairly easy load this semester. She is taking Music Appreciation and found out that her teacher was in Region band with her 12 or 13 years ago. He is trying to talk her into taking band which is only a one hour class, two times a week. She is mulling it over in her head and trying to decide if she wants to do that again. Personally, I hope she does..

Have a great week everyone!

11 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger Big Dave T said...

I saw that oil prices are starting to jump so we hurried down to get our Labor Day gas today. It was still pretty cheap (that's such a relative term these days).

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I'll definitely be checking out the freebie and the green links. And I'll have to think about moving my razor too. I keep it on a rack hanging from my shower head...

Glad y'all are prepared just in case Gustav comes ashore off Texas.

Good luck to JJ and Bonnie at school, especially with physics and differential equations. I wouldn't know a differential equation if it bit me on the leg.

Y'all have a great week, Lucy. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Jess said...

So glad things are going so well for JJ and Bonnie...and liked you post. Hope you are having a blessed week.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Hi Lucy, I filled on car for $3.31 today. The other needs it plus will do the Mustang tomorrow in Huntsville. I imagine gas going up five to ten cents before we buy some now.
Also will fill water bottles before this storm as will be at LSU game Saturday in B.Rouge.

I liked your hints, I will still
leave th razor in the shower. It has stainless steel blades which don't rust till worn, by then it will be to dull and I'll get another. I get them free.

Stay dry,
..
Oh yes, Sinclar is still popular in the Midwest and fairly competitive with the prices. I like Dino.
..
I don't think I can answer all those comments here and on Litle Photo Place. For sure I will my blogger friends.
Thanks for being one! :-)
..

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Lots of good Links, Lucy....That Free stuff one is very interesting!
I must say, I've never gotten any free shipping from Amazon though I often spend more than 25 and/or 50 bucks! Maybe they don't make it too easy to see how to get that free shipping...lol!

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger T. F. Stern said...

Just an observation; "Oil prices rise as Hurricane Gustav nears Gulf".

If the price of oil is tied so easily to a concern about a rather insignificant issue such as a storm which would put oil production out for a month at worst; then how much would the price of oil go down if it were shown to speculators that the outer shelf was going to be open for drilling. That anticipated production is far more lasting and would drive the price of oil down by half along with making the US far less dependent on the Middle Eastern countries who are not really our friends to begin with.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Oh great One said...

I'm on my way to check out your links. I love a good freebie! We're keeping a close eye on ole Gustav here as well. Our new Governor is on the ball already having detailed evacuation plans and so forth. Let's pray it doesn't gain any strength and the other front knocks it out!

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Lucy - I never knew about the razor one. I guess when I am done blowing my hair dry, I'll have to remember to dry the razor as well. - THX! ~ jb///

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I bookmarked the freebies link... thanks.

I surely hope Gustav dies down and does not cause any great damage at all. I know you'll keep a close watch on it, and I'm sure you are prepared for the worse should Gustav come your way.
I wish JJ & Bonnie well in their studies.
:-)

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Crossing my fingers with you Lucy. If we miss Gustuv, we have to get past Hanna and her two sisters out there. It does make for a nervous weekend ahead. Good luck to both of us.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Once again you have blessed us with your fountain of knowledge. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home