Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Unnamed Meme!

OK, Diane.....here is my meme....

In your entire life, have you ever...

gone on a blind date? Yes, once and it wasn’t fun. I never did that again.

skipped school? Nope, I never did.

watched someone die? I had to watch my dad die and it was really hard. He withered away for two weeks in the hospital and at the end I was praying for the Lord to just take him. I did not want to see him suffer any longer and he died that night.

been to Canada? No, never have.

been to Mexico? One year on vacation to the Rio Grande valley, we crossed the border at Matamoras for two hours and it was the scariest thing we ever did. Some Mexican got into my dad’s car and drove like a wild person. That was the last time we ever did that!

been to Florida? Yes. TF’s parents live in Vero Beach and we go down there to visit them once or twice a year now. My daughter is there right now to visit with them and she got to see the space shuttle take off. Oh yes, I have also been to Disneyworld. My dad, two sisters and my brother along with my son and middle daughter camped down there one year around the 4th of July. We saw a terrific fireworks display over the Indian River.....Awesome!

been on a plane? Yes, and we will be getting on one in July to go to New York City for a long weekend trip to see Yankee Stadium before it is torn down. I also was on a plane 3 weeks after 9/11, it was almost empty. I think there were about 10 people on that plane. There were also 3 middle eastern men on the plane. One of the men sat up front, one sat in the middle and the last one sat in the back of the plane. I think every person on the plane had their eyes on these men. I almost didn't get on the plane, but I figured that they wouldn't dare try it again.....I arrived safely in Denver..

been lost? Ocassionally, but I always find my way.

been on the opposite side of the country? I live in Houston, and I have been to Florida, New York and there around, to Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Big Ben Park. I have never been to California or the West Coast.

gone to Washington, DC? Yes, once, two weeks before 9/11.

swam in the ocean? Yep, Swam in the ocean outside of Vero Beach,Florida and, living in Houston, I have swam in the Gulf of Mexico many times.

had your booze taken away by the cops? Nope! I don’t drink so that would be an impossibility. If they want my Diet Dr.Pepper, they can have it.

lettered in a high school sport? No, I was in band all of my high school years…..loved it!

cried yourself to sleep? Yes, I think most everyone has.

played cops and robbers? Yes, but it was a long time ago. I did play detective once when my son sneaked out of the house in the middle of the night.

played dolls? Yes, I had a chatty Cathy….

recently colored with crayons? Yes, with two grandkids, it is a must.

sang Karaoke? Not in front of anyone!

paid for a meal with coins only? All the time! You are talking to Miss Frugal here!

done something you told yourself you wouldn't? Probably!

cheated on an exam? Never have! I had my chances but I just couldn’t do it. I have one of the biggest Consciences you can imagine.

made prank phone calls? If I did, I don’t remember it.

laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose? No, but I have laughed hard enough to pee in my pants.

caught a snowflake on your tongue? Yes, Don’t get that chance much here in Houston, but I have done it.

danced in the rain? Yes, I have danced, played, and skipped in the dirty gutter water while it rained. It sure was fun.

written a letter to Santa Claus? Yes.

been kissed under the mistletoe? Yes

watched the sunrise with someone you care about? One of my favorite things to do.

been arrested? Nope.

blown bubbles? I’ve blown lots of bubbles.

gone ice-skating. If you want to call it skating, I was on my butt more than on the skates.

been skinny dipping outdoors? No

had a nickname? Where do I start? My dad called my Lucy Belle or Lulu Belle. I’ve been called: LuLu, Luc the goose, Luc, Lucy Girl and a mired of other names….

been to Africa? No. Sounds like it would be fun.

eaten cookies for dinner? Yes and I have milk with those cookies to make it a complete meal.

been on TV? Not that I recall.

stolen any traffic signs? No

been in a car accident? Yes, several times. The first time I was around 11 years old and a lady ran a stop sign and hit my mom’s car. We didn’t have seat belts back then and I flew forward and hit my tooth on the dashboard. My tooth broke off and my mom was able to get my braces with the money she got from the insurance. Other accidents were minor ones and I was not hurt in any of them.

What is your....

mother's name? Louise Mary Hebner Spitler

favorite drink? Diet Dr. Pepper

favorite alcohol? I don’t Drink so I don’t have any favorites. Wait! I do like a virgin Strawberry Dakarie. (Did I even spell that right?)

birthplace? Houston Texas, The old Memorial Hospital downtown. It has been torn down now.

favorite vacation spot? Mountain areas of Colorado.

favorite salad dressing? Ranch

favorite pie? Chocolate Pudding pie.

favorite number? 3 or 5

favorite movie? Too many to put just one. Dave, National Treasure, The Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof, South Pacific, Fried Green Tomatoes, Forest Gump, Fracture, and so many more.

favorite holiday? Christmas and I like Thanksgiving too.

favorite food? Fired Chicken is my all time favorite….

favorite day of the week? Any day that I wake up able to get up and go.

favorite brand of body wash? I don’t use body wash, I like soap.

favorite toothpaste? Well, right now I am using old fashioned, baking soda and peroxide. I mix it up and dip my toothbrush in and brush. Love it.

favorite smell? I have so many...Coffee brewing (I don’t drink it, but I like the smell), food cooking, the smell just after a rain storm, the fresh air smell up in the mountains and etc.

Do you have any...

tattoos? NO. None, nada, never.

body piercings? Same as tattoos!

Do you drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? A two door car, and I will never get another one. I have always had a 4 door car, then I let my husband talk me into getting a two door, that was a mistake!! With Grandkids - never again.

What do you do to relax? Read or watch TV all by myself. Sometimes, a guiet evening alone with my husband will do the trick....

How do you see yourself in 10 years? Alive and kicking!

Anyone who would like to do this meme....go right ahead. This has been fun.

20 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Lots and lots of information about you that I didn't know, Lucy. It was fun to read this.

I was also on a plane about three or four days after planes started flying post-9/11. I experienced the same thing...there were about 20 people on the flight. They moved everyone up to first class. It was an eerie feeling.

Have a great week!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Putz said...

so what did santa claus say to you, what, what what??????????????????????????????????

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Great Meme, Lucy! One learns so much about the person---in this case, YOU---in this particular meme....! And it looks like it was fun to do, too!

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Jan said...

That is like the most intense information I have ever seen on a meme... Loved it all. Good questions for sure. You have led a pretty great life without the law involved. Way to roll....

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I'm glad you decided to do this meme, Lucy. I really enjoyed your answers.

I hate 2 door cars! Even without kids they're a pain, literally.

Have a great week! :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Jess said...

I enjoyed reading your meme! Too funny...

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

You are an interesting person. I enjoyed reading your meme.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Putz said...

i didn't know you were such a world traveler

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Big Dave T said...

Mmmmmmm, I love fried chicken too. I didn't know they had that in Texas (thought everything was barbecue). I don't think I would give up my diet Dr. Pepper, even to a policeman, without at least a discussion first.

But I haven't committed any of the sins mentioned either--cheating, arrested, prank phone calls. Here's to good cleaning living!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Lucy... boy my answers would have been 180º out of sync with yours! (Maybe) that's WHY I don't do Meme’s? As for the drink Daiquiri is how it is spelled, but if you don't drink, how would you know? That last question, I would have answered... "IN THE MIRROR!" ~ jb///

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

All good stuff Lucy. I learned a lot about you. Thanks.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Nankin said...

Great meme. I've done some of those things, and not done some of the others.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Lucy, this was good! I have been just barely making it in the blog world lately and I sure am glad I got over here to yours today!

Thank you for the invite. I am working on a meme I was tagged for.
Either I never finish them and they get lost.
Or I don't finsh them and just the first parts get posted irregardless.

I could use yours and it would pass if 74 is still passing. I might try it if and when I get the other finished.
..

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I enjoyed reading all about you!
I love the nickname Lucy Belle - it sounds like a fine, southern lady which I think it terrific.

I asked my mom if she knew about those push-in flaps at the ends of foil and plastic wrap boxes. She hadn't. She went to the kitchen while I was on the phone and she checked her boxes. She couldn't believe that she'd lived 62 years & never knew that!!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Putz said...

keep it up lucy and you might save me a half a million dollsrs before i die in a year or two

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Hey Lucy, I'm catching up with writing at least.

I was tagged to write a "Getting to Know you Meme" and I just finished it.

You would be one of my tags, but I am asking for volunteers (hint, hint).

I plan to do the one you wrote, it looks like a lot of fun. I may make up a fictitous tagger person.
..

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Oh great One said...

What a great change of pace post! I love the little tidbits about you!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Fred said...

FYI, my wonderful mother who is 77 years old never knew about the aluminum foil trick. She was amazed.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Putz said...

i bet there are some nights not being with your hasband is relaxing/???????

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Eve said...

It was fun to read all about you.
Alive and kicking..hmmmmm
Who are you going to be kicking? Just kidding...too much sugar today...LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home