Thursday, August 02, 2007

Staying on top…..

My husband has been home from the hospital for almost two weeks now and he is improving. Two days ago they took out his drain and it set him back again because of the pain and his system is trying to protest. I went to the health food store and bought some vitamins, that a friend of mine suggested, for good digestive health and tissue repair. They still have to take out the stint that was inserted to help with the bile duct problem. It has been such a struggle for TF and I will be glad when we are past all of this. I suppose that there are times when life tosses you a curve and you just have to deal with it the best you can. We are grateful for all the prayers you have said for us and appreciate it completely. Please keep us in your prayers.

Last Saturday night I went to Home Depot and bought a new freezer and dishwasher. Our freezer is on its last leg and the dishwasher broke four months ago. Home Depot offered a special that would allow us to pay it off in twelve months with no payment and no interest. With TF not working at the moment, we needed a deal like that. We should have no problem paying it off in that period of time. They will be delivering both items today between 11:00am and 3:00pm. I will need to empty the freezer some time before that and hope that things don’t thaw out too quickly. Yeks!

I was up really early this morning and decided to read the news on the Internet. I came across a story about a couple that had five babies on July 31st. The babies were delivered at 34 weeks and were all a good birth weight and healthy. The total weight of the babies was just over 21 lbs… The mother is only 5’2” so you can only imagine how large she looked. Oh man, I can’t imagine my skin stretching that much…… The family has a blog, so I decided to go read it. The father posted a video, on You Tube, of the delivery. It brought tears to my eyes to see the beautiful babies. Go take a look here. I wish many blessings to this family.

Hope you all are having a great week……..

10 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Oh great One said...

You guys are in my prayers.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Big Dave T said...

Wait a minute! You guys got an appliance from Home Depot that they will allow you to keep in 12 months without any payment or interest? I want some of that action. I'd like a big screen TV. Do they sell those there?

Hope TF is back to himself soon. Long recuperations are no fun.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Still praying that things will soon be bettier for you & hubby,
I went to the site you suggested. Oh my gosh!
I can't even begin to imagine five babies at one time.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

Best wishes for T.F.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I hope TF continues to mend.

I went over and saw the video of the 5 babies. Wow!! Those parents are going to be very busy!!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Five (5) babies at one time?!? I can't begin to wrap my head around that! One grandbaby is more than enough right now! :-)

Hope Tf is continuing to improve and that y'all are doing well.

Have great week, Lucy. ;-)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Mrs. Geezerette said...

Good luck getting your hubby back in shape. Are you relying on digestive enzymes to help with his digestion? I was just wondering since he appears to be having a bile problem.

Also, what might help him, although you probably already know about it, is to give him Acidophilus. This product is chock full of the good bacteria we need in our system. He should take it in between meals though so that it can get to the small intestine, where it is then used, and not digested by gastric juices brought on by a meal. You probably know all of this anyway.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Merle said...

HI Lucy ~~ I am so glad that your husband is finally starting to get
better - you have both had an awful time. I had seen about those 5 babies - amazing isn't it? Long ago
I remember being in awe of the Dionne quintuplets - the same age as me.
I think we were all mean mothers or
our kids thought so, but they come to see why when their turn comes.
Take care, Love, Merle.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Lucy,
Thanks for visiting me! I see some familiar faces here in your comments :)
Sorry to hear your hubby has been ill. I'll say a prayer for him.
Please visit me again anytime!!
:)

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm glad to hear your hubby is recovering. A slow recovery can be frusrating. I wish him well, and you too.

I want to see that You Tube video now. 5 babies!
That's amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home