Monday, August 14, 2006

Weddings can bring up such emotions.

August has been a busy month for weddings. TF and I have been to three weddings receptions with one more next week. Last Saturday night, we went to a wedding reception for a beautiful young girl we have known since she was born. She is looked like an angel in a beautiful short sleeved wedding gown. The couple looked perfect together with smiles from ear to ear. They had the reception at a fancy place with a full sit down dinner. We saw many of our friends there and we had a great time visiting and celebrating with the family.

Last week we got a wedding invitation in the mail from a family we haven’t seen in a good while. I opened the invitation and looked at the picture of a beautiful young girl and I wondered, “Who is this?” I peeked at the invitation and noticed that the young girls name was Charlotte Andersen. I immediately started crying as a sudden thought just flooded my soul. When Charlotte was only three years old her dad died of Leukemia. They found out he had the illness in February of that year and he died by June or July. There were five children in that family starting with Alan, who was my son’s age all the way down to an 18 month old son. Charlotte was next to last at the age of three. The death was a terrible loss, not only to the family, but anyone that knew Tim. I really believe that he was loved by anyone he met. He and his wife, Jana, had a very strong love for each other. Our whole church family mourned his loss. Now all these years later, I open an envelope and can’t stop crying. A very profound thought came to my mind that Tim would be so proud of his baby girl who is now grown up and getting married. Actually, I am certain that he can see her now from his spot in heaven.

After Tim’s death, Jana and the children moved up to Utah to be near family. The years have flown by and we get older and children grow up. Life continues no matter what happens. We won’t be able to go to this wedding because it will be in Utah, but you can know, without a doubt, that our thoughts are with them at this time.

I like going to wedding because it is such a happy time for a young couple. They are just starting out in life together, not knowing where life will take them. I was reading Fred’s post about his 20th wedding anniversary with “The Missus” and it made me think about my own wedding 35 years ago. It’s been such a long time that I can’t remember not being married to TF. I am grateful that we have had a good life together and that we can look forward to many more years together. I love you my dear husband.

17 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger T. F. Stern said...

I go along with Fred's favorite song,

If ever a man had it all
it would have to be me
and oooooowwwww
I love you.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Oh great One said...

Aww Aren't you sweet!

It's good to know I'm not the only mushy one around here!

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great post!
I love LOVE...when people honor one another in a wedding,it is indeed,
very emotionally touching!
Thanks for sharing!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger -tnchick- said...

August is a popular month. I think I read somwhere June or July was the pick for wedding but it seems it should be August.

O was married in August (24th) and my parenst were married in August (12th) and my In-laws (16th) and one of my sister in laws and my brother... just to name a few. LOL

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My uncle always tells me that my wedding was his favorite. I'm sure he has gone to plently since, but he insist!
:)

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Hoots Musings said...

I too love weddings...I usually always cry.
My anniversary to my sweet Mr. is this month....3 years!
God has indeed been good to me and I am thankful for 2nd chances.

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, this is such a sweet post. i've been married 27 years, i feel the same way about my husband.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

TF - Thank you honey. I love you too. The song is perfect isn't it?

oh great one - I'll bet there are a lot of "mushy" ones out there.

tab - love and honor in a marriage are top priorties.

tnchick - August is a busy month for your family. TF and I were married for 35 years this last July 23rd.

daybyday - I'm sure your wedding was pretty special.

hoots - We are all worth second chance in the eyes of God. Glad your second time around is good.

better safe than sorry - Great to hear the it's been good for you all these years. I think we are all pretty blessed.

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Weddings are always fun and never a dull moment!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

What a great post. Lots of love and many more years!!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger keesh said...

I just keep reading these posts about longterm marriages and it really gives me hope. coming from a divorced family and my husband came from divorced family, it is nice to know that it does and can work...thanks for sharing! I have been married a short 6 years, pocket change compared to your marriage. but this gives me hope :). thanks!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Big Dave T said...

That's so very sweet (I'm talking about hubby's singing here). Maybe my wife and I need to cultivate more friends because we rarely get invited to a big wedding anymore. The last one, maybe two years ago.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

We have also been to a lot of weddings this summer. Going to a wedding always makes me feel so romantic... and I guess you, too. It's only been a year and a few months for us, but I still can't remember (very easily) what it was like before we were married, either. It's just such a change... and life without dh is unimaginable.

I love reading posts like this, thanks.

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Martin said...

That's great that a photo and a name can bring back some amazing memories. It also helps bring other relationships into focus. B) Very cool.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Awwww, aren't you guys sweet?

We're going to a wedding this weekend ourself. The groom is my cousin, who was the ring bearer at my wedding. It's amazing how the cycle of life repeats itself, isn't it?

Good point, Lucy. It's also hard for me to ever remember life without The Missus. It's been a great time; I can hardly wait for more fun.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger ljk said...

Cool blog!! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

michelle - yes, weddings are fun and each one is different and can be very interesting.

Danny - hopefully many more years.

kish - six years is a good start. If you put effort and hard work, your marriage can last a long time.

Big Dave - We go to at least four weddings each summer. Friends from church get married and friends of our children get married. We do have a big circle of friends.

nosurfgirl - You and DH will do fine. Thanks for commenting.

an80snut - It's funny what can bring back a flood of memories. Glad you enjoyed your trip to the big apple.

Fred - Yes, the cycle goes on. Hope you enjoy your trip to the big apple and your cousins wedding. Congradulation on your 20th. Love to the Missus.

leilani - thanks for coming by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home