Thursday, March 09, 2006

Seeds of Greatness by Denis Waitley

(These quotes were taken from Denis Waitley's Excerpts from The Seeds of Greatness Treasury booklet)

Seeds of Family Leadership: Empowering Others The world needs role models, instead of critics.

Others know when you have their best interests at heart.

You are truly successful when you can extend a strong hand to someone who is reaching out or just trying to hang on.

Come through for others, and they will come through for you.

People who seek attention, need all the help they can get.

You know you’re a success when people tell you, "I like me best when I'm with you.

"If we succeed without sacrifice, it's because someone sacrificed for us.

Real power comes by empowering others!

Promises should not be given lightly unless you want them lightly received.

If I help you win, then I win too!

9 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger Greeneyes said...

HI there,
interesting blog, lots of info , will be back soon ,take care
Greeneyes

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Peter said...

Hi Lucy, thanks for stopping by holtieshouse.

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I need to print that!

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

awesome, I need to print this also.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger JM said...

xGreat quotes.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

greeneyes - Thanks for stopping by.

peter - Thanks to you too.

daybyday4-2day, live, love and laugh, angel jr, and texas_ivy10 - Thanks, I love these kinds of unlifting phrases.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

Real power comes by empowering others!

Great line. Thanks.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Big Dave T said...

Hmmmmmm, I like those adages but . . . have you ever seen the movie Mystery Men? Some of your quotes here remind me of some lines spoken by one of the characters, The Sphinx. His wisdom always came in formulaic sayings.

For example, he said, "To learn my teachings, I must first teach you how to learn." Or "When you care what is outside, what is inside cares for you."


Good movie, though.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Nice quotes, Lucy. I like them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home