Thursday, February 23, 2006

HEART ATTACK PROCEDURE

"Women should know that not every heart attack symptom is going to be the left arm hurting. Be aware of intense pain in the jaw line. You may never have the first chest pain during the course of a heart attack. Nausea and intense sweating are also common symptoms. 60% of people who have a heart attack while they are asleep do not wake up. The pain in the jaw happened to me and woke me from a sound sleep. I was one of the fortunate ones. Trust me when I tell you it's pain unlike anything you've ever experienced before. Given a choice between natural child birth and a heart attack, pain-wise; it's much easier to have a baby. Let's be careful and be aware. The more we know, the better chance we could survived... A cardiologist says if everyone who gets this mail sends it to 10 people, you can be sure that we'll save at least one life. Read this... It could save your life!! Let's say it's 6:15 PM and you're driving home (alone of course), after an unusually hard day on the job. You're tired, upset and frustrated. Suddenly you start experiencing severe pain in your chest that starts to radiate out into your arm and up into your jaw. You are only about five miles from the hospital nearest your home. Unfortunately you don't know if you'll be able to make it that far. You have been trained in CPR, but the guy that taught the course did not tell you how to perform it on yourself.

"HOW TO SURVIVE A HEART ATTACK WHEN ALONE":
Since many people are alone when they suffer a heart attack, without help, the person whose heart is beating improperly and who begins to feel faint, has only about 10 seconds left before losing consciousness. However, these victims can help themselves by coughing repeatedly and very vigorously. A deep breath should be taken before each cough, and the cough must be deep and prolonged, as when producing sputum from deep inside the chest. A breath and a cough must be repeated about every two seconds without let-up until help arrives, or until the heart is felt to be beating normally again. Deep breaths get oxygen into the lungs and coughing movements squeeze the heart and keep the blood circulating The squeezing pressure on the heart also helps it regain normal rhythm. In this way, heart attack victims can get to a hospital. Tell as many other people as possible about this. It could save their lives!! "
Thanks Steve Sanders for this information! I will take note.

Another friend of mine told me that if I ever had signs of a heart attack to take, as soon as possible, an Aspirin, a Vit. C tablet and a Vit. E tablet. She has had several strokes and mild heart attacks and her doctor told her to do this. It will help stop the attack and lessen the damage. I hope that if any thing like this ever happens to me, that I will remember to do these things. Maybe I should keep a little pill box, with these three items, in my purse...

10 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger T. F. Stern said...

...and don't forget your coupon box, the one with 20% off for the ambulance ride.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

This is very informative stuff, it's better not to need it, but being informed can never hurt!
thanks

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Very informative. Thanks. Will pass it on to my friends. Hope I don't get these attacks anytime. If given a choice I would rather choose the attack in sleeping and do not wake up. At least there's no pain.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger JM said...

Good information!!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Big Dave T said...

Hi Lucy. Hea, I thought I would check on that tip to cough during a heart attack. Ran it through "Ask Jeeves" and there were some sites that reported this to be a hoax. The health source that was attributed to this tip has since denied they said it. Best internet tip: Let the Surfer beware, eh.

BTW, Ask Jeeves is a good site to check stuff like this. My dad and brother use it all the time for various fix-it projects.

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is scary stuff just to even think about.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I had known about the coughing, but as you mentioned it must be deep...not a normal cough. I had no idea about the pills though..i may start carrying them round with me.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Thanks everyone for your comments.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Rowan Dawn said...

I wish my father had had this info.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Jahn said...

Uh-oh.... I can't believe you fell for that bit about the coughing. I had heard that before. Here's what TruthOrFiction.com has to say: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/heartattack.htm

The pills are a good idea, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home