Friday, November 25, 2005

What I'm Most Thankful For

Posted by Picasa














Here is my family! From left to right: Jennifer, Justin (holding 4 month old Jocelyne), Bonnie (holding 4 yr. old J.J.) and William. The two grandkids belong to Jennifer and Justin. TF (my husband) took the picture last night, after all of our Thanksgiving guests had left for the day. They were trying to decide what they wanted to do and I said, “It’s time for our yearly picture”. They all plopped down on the love seat while TF retrieved the camera. We took three pictures of the group. It’s not easy getting everyone to look forward and smile at the same time. I noticed after TF had downloaded them that they were all wearing blue jeans, even the baby. Along with my husband, this is the thing I am most grateful for.

Thanksgiving came along way too fast. I had been busy cleaning the house and shopping for the day. I found a 22lb. turkey at Kroger’s and after last years fiasco, I knew this one would be big enough for our crowd. You say, “What happened last year?” Well, a friend of my wanted to do the turkey and dressing and I said ALLRight. Two hours before the dinner was to be served, he called up and said, “How many people are coming, this is only a 12 lb. turkey.” I almost fainted, knowing that we would have about 20 people there for dinner. I immediately ran to the freezer and found a half ham. It went into the microwave immediately for a quick thaw. I got it wrapped in foil and put it into the oven. Just so you will know, we didn’t have one bite left of the turkey or the ham. That was just too nerve wracking. This year we had plenty.. It was a wonderful Thanksgiving!

TF and I finally left the house today around 4:00pm. I was still trying to recover from yesterday and just relax. I looked over the “black Friday” ads and saw a couple of things that I would like to go shop for. We headed to Fry’s electronics and found everything on the list, how lucky is that? Now, I’m home again and doing my blogging.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

17 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Wow! Whew! Your family is gorgeous (but you knew that already).

I always avoid shopping on Black Friday. You are a brave lady.

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger see-through faith said...

I noticed after TF had downloaded them that they were all wearing blue jeans, even the baby. Along with my husband, this is the thing I am most grateful for.

This made me laugh - are you most grateful for the fact that they all are wearing blue jeans :) ROFL

we have guests today. I just counted 12 (exluding small kids) Hubby worries if there is enough food - but I've decided that there is. Last thing I want is a fridge full of leftovers tomorrow. lol!

Finns would never wear jeans (well maybe teenagers would) to a dinner party - generally the style at work etc is much less formal than in the US, but we dress up to visit. It also stops you eating too much which is - I think - a blessing in disguise

:)

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Went to a have photos done at a studio and was admiring this beautiful family of a family - several generations, about 20 people - they were all dressed in a white t-shirt and blue jeans, so that all one really noticed were the different faces. Complimented the photographer and he told me how that one great picture had taken a whole morning to get - the grandmother, for whom the picture was for, had the same expression in every single picture, but to get all the others looking half decent, smiling even (lots of grandkids amongst) had been practically impossible.
As I've said to Jen, those kids are too cute :-)

Sounds like you had a perfect Thanksgiving! Have a great weekend.

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

Beautiful family Lucy! I love it when everyone have on something alike .. and jean are my favorite choice of dress.

This year I had four of my children and seven of my grandchildren over .. and it was wonderful. It has been years since we all sit down and enjoyed each other. I can see they are growing up, and that's a good thing.

Thanks for sending prayer my way .. I am up and running. A few pounds lighter, but it's all good. I could stand to lose a lot more ..

All my love and best wishes to you and your beloved one my dear friend ... these day I am so blessed by all of you -- and I am celebrating my blessings every day.

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

wow that was a big turkey!!!! This year we had a smaller group than normal, but it was still wonderful and I am blessed!

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Great picture, and a wonderful looking family.

We always overdo it when it comes to food, too. I hate to run out of things, and would rather have leftovers than hungry guests.

All that, and you found everything on your list? Wow - this one's a Thanksgiving to remember!

Have a great weekend, too, Lucy. You've earned it.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Mad Housewife said...

Your family is beautiful!! Happy belated Thanksgiving, Lucy!

*Prime rib recipe has been posted.*

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I would, but I seem to have misplaced my helmet and body armor:-)

Besides, he's aiming for the dog, who coincidentally has been eating my snacks too.


And I feel you nailed it. A healthy, happy family filled with love. Now that's truly something to be thankful for.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Internet Street Philosopher said...

A happy thanksgiving to you also! Glad the turkey was enough for you also!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hey Lucy! Thanks for visiting my blog :)
I found you via PBS, so glad i did, i love your recipes!!!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Your family is beautiful! Truly a family to be thankful for. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

It is way past due for a true professional family picture. The last one that we had was when I was 2. We really need to get one done.

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that they all have jeans on, too cute!!!
usually when i hate a turkey dinner, i like to wear track pants, more room to expand.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

What a blessing to have such a wonderful family and a house full of guests for Thanksgiving! I am most thankful for my family too. This was the first Thanksgiving though that I had to spend without my parents because we moved to Texas. I am going to see them in about 3 weeks though. Oh, and black Thursday was horrible when I worked at Southwest Airlines! It was a nightmare, but somehow we always got done with it with a smile. Happy shopping!!

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

At least last year you didn't have to get rid of the leftovers.

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

You are right on... Family is what we're thankful for. Your story @ last year reminded me of a similar T-day disaster, not mine but a friend's... Another relative was to bring the turkey. She called a couple of hours before all were to be at my friend's and said, "How long does it take the turkey to thaw? Should I go ahead and take it out of the freezer?"

Ooops...

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Wonderful family, and I am certain your time together this weekend was glorious.

Many continued blessings together, lucy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home